We collect various types of Personal Data through our Services, including:
- Personal Data That You Provide Directly to Us : We collect Personal Data when you voluntarily choose to provide such information directly to us, such as when you register for access to the Services, contact us with inquiries, respond to one of our surveys, participate in a promotion, claim a third-party reward or offer, or invite a friend to use the Services. Such information may include, among other things:
- Email address
- Username and password
- Mailing address
- Phone number
- Birth date
- Personal characteristics, such as weight and height
- Payment card information
- Activity Data : We collect information about your use of the Services and your fitness activities through our Apps and through the wearable devices or online services that you associate with our Apps. Such information may include, for example:
- Type, duration, and frequency of fitness activities
- Distance, speed, pace, and step count
- Heart rate
- Steps taken
- Sleep activities
- Training goals
- Health-related information that you provide to us
- Apple HealthKit : If you choose to provide us with access to certain Personal Data stored by Apple HealthKit, we can access and collect that Personal Data. The Personal Data to which we have access is controlled by your privacy settings with Apple HealthKit. We use data from Apple HealthKit to improve our Services to you (such as improving our recommendations for meditations for you) and to track your activity.
- Location Data : The Services include various location-based features, such as mapping your outdoor fitness activities and providing information, offers, and advertising based on your location. We also may partner with third parties to analyze the location data that we collect in order to develop new products and services (such as identifying nearby or recommended locations to provide relevant content). To provide these location-based features and engage in such analysis, MindFi and our affiliates, partners, and licensees may collect, use, and share location data, including the real-time, precise geographic location of your mobile device.
To learn more about how we use and share location data, please see "Our Use of Your Personal Data and Other Information" and "Our Disclosure of Your Personal Data and Other Information" below. If you would like to stop the collection of precise location information through our Apps, you can adjust your mobile device settings by following the instructions here for iOS 8 and later and here for Android 6.0 and later.
- Contacts : We may collect information about contacts stored on your device, as well as friends you invite to the app, if you choose to share such information with us. We use this information to find, invite, and connect you with friends on the Services.
- Social Media or Third-Party Account Information : We may receive Personal Data from your social media or other third-party account provider (such as Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Yahoo) if you log into our Services using your social media account or link your social media or other account to the Services. In those circumstances, we may receive information from the third party, such as your email, username, profile picture, and friends list.
- User-Generated Content : We collect information when you submit comments, photos, reviews, messages, or otherwise post content to the Services.
We also collect Other Information through our Services. Such information may be collected passively using various technologies, or via submission of data by fitness devices you have configured to work with the Services. We may store such information ourselves, or it may be included in databases owned and maintained by our affiliates, agents, or service providers. We may use such information and pool it with additional information to track, for example, the total number of visitors to the Services, the number of visitors to each page of the Services, and the domain names of our visitors' Internet service providers. Other Information may be collected in the following ways:
- Log Data : When you use the Services, we automatically receive and record certain information from your computer, mobile phone, tablet, or other device. This may include data such as your IP address, the pages you visit or features you use within the Services, the date and time of your activities on the Services, the URLs from the websites you visit before and after navigating to the Services, your software and hardware attributes (including operating system type and version, App version, device type, and device identifiers, including IDFA and/or Advertising IDs), your browser type and version, and your general geographic location derived through your IP address (e.g., your city, state, or metropolitan region). To obtain such information, we may use web logs or applications that recognize your device and gather information about its online activity.
- Demographic or Inferred-Interest Data. We may supplement the information that we collect with additional information that we receive from third parties, such as demographic or inferred-interest data.
- De-Identified or Aggregated Information : In an ongoing effort to better understand and serve the users of the Services, we may conduct research on our end users' demographics, interests, and behavior based on the Personal Data and other information provided to us. This research does not identify you personally. We may share this de-identified data with our affiliates, agents, and business partners. We may also disclose aggregated user statistics (which also do not identify you) in order to describe our services to current and prospective business partners, and to other third parties for other lawful purposes.
We use the Personal Data and Other Information we collect for various purposes, including:
- To track your mind fitness, or mindfulness, activities and information, manage your goals and achievements, evaluate your progress, plan routes, and set challenges.
- To provide you with location-based features, such as mapping your real world activities and providing information and content to you based on your location. We also may partner with third parties to analyze the location data that we collect in order to develop new products and services.
- To provide the Services, create and manage user accounts, process payments and orders, respond to your questions and requests, resolve complaints, and otherwise complete a transaction that you initiate or fulfill the terms of any agreement you have with us.
- To communicate with you through email and notices posted via the Services. These communications may include a series of welcome emails that help inform you about various features of the Services. Please be aware that you will always receive certain emails from us related to the proper functioning of your account.
- To send you promotional emails and newsletters, in a manner consistent with your email preferences and applicable laws. If you wish to opt out of receiving promotional emails at any time, please click the "unsubscribe" link at the bottom of the email. Please note that if you unsubscribe from promotional emails, you will continue to receive non-promotional emails with information relevant to your account and the operation of the Services.
- To create a custom experience for our users and tailor our products and Services to your interests and preferences.
- To enable social-sharing functionality, to find your friends on the Services, and to provide other features that allow you to communicate and interact with other users of the Services or users of third-party services that you connect to your account (such as Facebook or Twitter).
- To conduct health and fitness-related research and collaborate with third parties for such research purposes.
- To operate our business, prevent fraud, analyze the use of our Services, improve the content and functionality of the Services, and better understand our users.
- To comply with legal or regulatory requirements and to defend or enforce our rights, including as described in the "Our Disclosure of Your Personal Data and Other Information" section below.
- To compile and share aggregate and de-identified information.
We may share your Personal Data and Other Information with third parties in the following circumstances:
- Service Providers, Agents, and Related Third Parties : We sometimes hire other companies to perform certain business-related functions. Examples include mailing information, email marketing, maintaining databases, and processing payments. When we use another company to perform a function of this nature, we may need to provide them with access to certain Personal Data or Other Information.
- Location Sharing . We share location information automatically with some third-party partners, such as Google Maps, in order to provide the Services to you. We also share location information with other third parties with your explicit permission; when you choose to share it directly with other users, such as Facebook; if the data is in a de-identified or aggregated form; and to help us analyze location data or deliver relevant content to you based on your location.
- Your Sharing of Information through the Services or Third-Party Services : We allow you to share information about your fitness activities and other actions with other users of the Services. We also enable you to share such information with users of third-party services, such as through your social media accounts. Please note that any Personal Data you provide to be displayed in your publicly-available online profile will be displayed for others to see. We cannot and will not be responsible for what third parties do with any Personal Data that you choose to make publicly available. As such, we advise that you exercise great care in determining what information you choose to make publicly available through the Services or on third-party services. Please see the "Your Choices and Access to Information" section below to learn how to adjust your sharing preferences through the Services.
- Legal Requirements: We may also disclose your Personal Data or Other Information if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to (i) comply with a legal obligation such as a judicial or governmental subpoena or warrant, (ii) protect and defend our rights or property, (iii) act in urgent circumstances to investigate or protect the personal safety of users of the Services or the public, or (iv) protect against legal liability, prevent suspected fraud, or establish, protect, or exercise our legal rights.
- Financing, Business Transfers, and Similar Transactions : As we develop our business, we might sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a sale, merger, reorganization, dissolution or similar event relating to all or a portion of our business or assets, Personal Data or Other Information may be part of the transferred assets. We also may share Personal Data or Other Information to facilitate the potential or actual financing, securitization, insuring, merger, acquisition, sale, assignment, bankruptcy, or other disposal of all or part of our business or assets.
- De-Identified or Aggregated Information : In an ongoing effort to better understand and serve the users of the Services, we may conduct research on our end users' demographics, interests, and behavior based on the Personal Data and other information provided to us. We may share aggregated information and non-identifying information, with third parties for industry research and analysis, demographic profiling and other similar purposes. This research does not identify you personally. We may share this de-identified data with our affiliates, agents, and business partners. We may also disclose aggregated user statistics (which also do not identify you) in order to describe our services to current and prospective business partners, and to other third parties for other lawful purposes.
We provide users with a variety of choices regarding how we or third parties collect, use, and share information, including as follows:
- You can update or change certain information associated with your account through the Settings page within our Apps.
If you are a California resident under 18 years of age and a registered user of our Services, you may request that we remove content and information that you post on our Services. To obtain removal of such content and information, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with a short description of the content or information you would like to have removed. Please note that such a request does not necessarily ensure complete or comprehensive removal of content posted by you, since the content and information may remain in our databases, may remain visible in a manner that does not identify you, or may have been re-posted by another user.
Users may have additional rights to access, review, correct, delete, or inquire about information that we hold about them. To make such a request, please send us an email at email@example.com . Please note that we may need to verify your identity or request additional information from you before we are able to comply with your request.
We retain information for as long as reasonably necessary to deliver our Services to you or to fulfill the purposes described in this Policy. For example, we may retain your profile information and information about your fitness activities for as long as you maintain your MindFi account. This provides you with the ability to review your activities over time, track your progress toward personal goals and challenges, and remember your past achievements and milestones (for example, your first session, or other personal achievements).
If you choose to delete your MindFi account, we will make our best effort to delete all information associated with your account, including your profile information, historical fitness activities, historical location information, and third-party authorizations for services connected to your account (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, Fitbit). However, please note that certain information may be retained in backup databases or for analytics purposes.
In limited circumstances, we may retain information for a longer period of time as required by law.
We implement reasonable administrative, technical, and physical measures to protect the Personal Data provided via the Services from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, no Internet or e-mail transmission is ever fully secure or error free. Therefore, you should take special care in deciding what information you send to us via e-mail or the Internet.
We process Personal Data for our legitimate business purposes and in accordance with this Policy or any applicable service-specific privacy notice. We take reasonable steps to ensure that the Personal Data we process is accurate, complete, and current, but we depend on our users to update or correct their Personal Data whenever necessary.
We do not use information collected through the Services to infer health information that we consider sensitive, such as a user's past, present or potential future health or medical condition or treatment, including but not limited to genetic, genomic, and family medical history. We may, however, infer a user's potential interest in certain non-sensitive health and wellness categories, such as exercise and fitness activities, diet and weight loss, nutrition, healthy living, or physical and massage therapy. We may use this non-sensitive health and wellness information for the purpose of delivering more relevant content, services, offers to our users.